Monday, August 27, 2012

A Week's Kadayawan sa Dabaw

Seems to me I have abandoned this blog for a long time..and just a week before this unanticipated Davao trip, Manila was stormed by this great monsoon rains that caused devastating floods along the urban areas including our beloved city of Mandaluyong.

But lucky as I am, mr. Sunshine rose by the 12th of August. And  come the next day, the office order for this Davao trip was signed then everything else follow.

I must admit that it's always better the second time around:-)

On my second time visit to Davao City, on official business to attend the four-days 2nd quarterly meeting and seminar for the Philippine Association of Government Budgeting Administration (PAGBA), was luckily on timing with the 27th celebration of the Kadayawan Festival.

Ok! While majority of the tourists will fuss over the festival, our purpose is unarguably an official business...and having leisure activity is another story:-)

At dahil maparaang lakwatsera ako, me and my colleague decided to book the earliest flight the day before the PAGBA seminar and abruptly drafted our Davao itinerary, evaluating different options to abate as much financial and time constraints as possible.

Here's a glance of our super sulit Davao trip under tight time and budget:

 Upon arrival at the airport..see the excitement on my face despite the previous night of sleeplessness and work-related stress, jet lag due to uneasy flight from too much turbulence and a little bit of hunger:-)

 First day attendance to the four-days PAGBA meeting and seminar at Grand Men Seng Hotel, Davao City. This is serious business!:-P

I decided to make separate posts of our Davao tour because the photos and the different destinations in the city are overwhelming!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Although its been awhile since you last posted, I enjoy reading about your many adventures. I nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award. Please visit my blog for more details!
Jae Mac, I'm Just Sayin'...(Damn!)

Ashwin said...

Hi,

I came across your blog while reading about some Indian destinations and found your blog informative.

I am a travel blogger, associated with cheapoair.com. I write blogs www.businesstravelconnection.com and www.funfoodandtravel.com . I read your blogs and must admit you have an impressive blog.

Being a blogger it would be a pleasure to write a guest blog for you. The post would be related to the contents of your blog.
If you are not interested in blog, we can do link exchange if you wish. So, contact me ashwin-at-cheapoair.com , if you are interested.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Ashwin